Commercial Pest Control
Whether you own a restaurant, office, retail or industrial unit - Sovereign Pest Control can eradicate all pests quickly and efficiently. We operate discreetly, causing as little disturbance to your business as possible. We offer one off services to all businesses as well as complete commercial pest control contracts to help with insect removal, wasp nest removal and vermin control.
Why have a Commercial Contract?
Even if your business or organisation is non-food, pests can cause risks to the health, safety and welfare of your employees, to visitors on your premises and to your customers (Health and Safety at Work etc. Act)
- The risk of fires when rats or mice chew electric power cables
- The risk of disease from bacteria, viruses and other organisms carried by rats, mice, cockroaches, flies, birds and ants
- The risk of bites from fleas, mites or lice
- The risk of accidents in slippery conditions caused by bird droppings
If your business or organisation is food or food related, then all the legislation listed previously, applies to you.
You are required to ensure:
- Food rooms are free from infestation
- Food does not become contaminated
- Food rooms are kept clean and in good condition
- Preventative measures are taken to ensure that food is not contaminated (These may include fitting fly screens, using shatterproof light tubes, removal of waste and rubbish and implementing pest control measures).
Your Sovereign servicing contract is equipped to tackle these requirements:
- We deal with pest problems as they occur
- We advise on contamination risks
- We advise on pest prevention measures
- We advise on good housekeeping measures
The actions we take and the advice we give are all recorded in the Pest Prevention file that we supply with each contract. These written records will help to demonstrate that you have taken committed action in pest control and pest prevention.
Pests can cause major problems. Whatever type of business or organisation you have. Sovereign are able to provide a complete service to help you avoid such problems and penalties
There are several different pieces of legislation which address pests and pest prevention. They affect businesses and other organisations in the UK, whether they handle food or not.
Listed below is a summary of the major pieces of legislation:
- Prevention of Damage by Pests Act
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Control of Substances hazardous to Health Regulations
- The Food Safety Act
- The Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations
The legislation listed above is enforced by various agencies including Environmental Health Departments of Local Authorities and the Health and Safety Executive.
Failure to comply with the legislation can invoke substantial penalties. These vary according to the legislation and the offence committed, but can include:
- Fines of up to £20000 for each offence
- Unlimited fines in Crown Courts
- 6 months to two years in prison
- Closure of premises
- 2 years disqualifications from catering
- Loss of reputation, income and profits